The Cheese Lady of Rochester
PHOTO | SHAUNA REIMAN PHOTOGRAPHY
A great recipe for busy people who are short of time. The strong flavors in the Stilton and bacon give this easy recipe an elaborate feel.
• 1 Tbsp. Oil
• 1 Onion, chopped
• 1 Lb. Baby Button Mushrooms, halved
• 12 Pieces Bacon, chopped
• 4 Oz. Blue Stilton Cheese, roughly chopped
• 8 Oz. Cream Cheese
• 1/4 Pint Double Cream
• 1 Pack Fresh Chives, snipped
• Black Pepper, to taste
• 3 Oz. Fresh Breadcrumbs
• 2 Tsp. Paprika
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil and sauté the onions, mushrooms, and bacon together until browned.
• Distribute the ingredients evenly between four ramekins.
• Beat the Stilton with the cream cheese and double cream. Stir in most of the chives, reserving a few for garnish. Season with pepper to taste and spoon over the top mushroom mixture.
• Toss the breadcrumbs and paprika; sprinkle over the Stilton mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
• Serve hot with small slices of toasted French bread.